Foraging, Fishing & Tasting
in Norway with Chef Anita Lo
With its stunning fjords, sprawling coastline and rich Viking past, Norway is a thrill to visit for nature lovers and history buffs alike. But perhaps the biggest treat awaits food lovers. Fjord cuisine combines local produce and quality fresh seafood with diverse techniques, drawing culinary inspiration both from within and outside Norway.
Our small group (capped at 10) 8 day/7 night journey lead by Chef Anita Lo, will take you on a culinary voyage of discovery where you will experience cultural and traditional differences along the way. You’ll fish, forage and cook with Chef Lo, dine underwater at Under, and much more.
Chef Lo with her catch
About Chef Lo
This afternoon, enjoy a guided tour of the wharf, Fishmarket and Fløien Funicular with a glass of cider at Mount Fløien.
Welcome dinner and Bareksten Gin tasting at Frescohallen.
Dinner and evening at your leisure.
Private transfer from airport to Lindesnes Havhotel. Dinner is at Under, an underwater restaurant in Lindesnes, Norway. Under also doubles as a sea lab, facilitating research in marine biology. The restaurant was designed by Norwegian architecture-firm Snøhetta.
Private transfer from Lillesand to Boen Manor, an historic manor house, idyllically situated along the river Topdal and surrounded by parkland. Afternoon vegetable harvesting at Boen Gård followed by dinner and wine pairing at Boen.
Afternoon and evening at leisure to explore Trondheim.
End of services.
- 7 nights accommodation based on double share with breakfast
- All local transfers including domestic flights from departure to Kristiansand and arrival in Bergen (Day 8)
- Afternoon sightseeing in Bergen with informal dinner
- From Fjord to Mouth excursion foraging and fishing
- Dinner at Lysverket Menu with drink pairing
- Dinner at Boen Gard, a country manor house
- Dinner at Under
- Oyster foraging and lunch
- Cooking class with Chef Lo for final dinner.
Cost: $8,960 per person, based on double occupancy